15 November 2006

A new Recipe!

This is the simplest recipe in the world. My family loved it! Probably not a formal dinner, but you know those times when you just want to get something on the table that is healthy that they will eat. Well, this is it. And if you use the right tricks it's only 7 pts. per serving on WW! So cool, now I can even indulge and love some soft gewey food.


Ok so you get a small package of frozen mixed veggies, (you know the ones with the small diced carrots and peas etc.)
2 cans condensed cream of chicken 98% fat free stuff
1 can water.
1 already prepared turkey breast, (by the lunch meat sliced in strips or cut up yourself)

Mix all that together, in a 9X13, and then over the top I sprinkled dehydrated onions and bake in the oven at 375 for 15 min.









Take this veggie mixture out of the oven
1 can of prepared biscuits (I couldn't find reduced fat, so here's where all the calories are)
spread them out over the top of the "pot pie" soupy veggie stuff that smells wonderful



Put back in the oven for the biscuit cooking (it says the time on the can I think 15 more min.)








Take this out of the oven, and this is what it looks like. Warm yummy and quite filliing I might add. Like I said it is a throw together and eat. Serving size is one biscuit and all the yummy goodness underneath it 3/4 c. worth. I tried it the other night. My family liked it. It was way simple, and with my modifications, it's not to bad on the ol' caloric intake either!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam and Jill Family said...

Yummy that looks delicious. I am always up for a new recipe! We will have to give it a try!!

1:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need a good recipe like that. It's mostly just veggies and alittle bread. thanks! gonna try it.

7:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We tried it out last night -loved it. Well, the fam didn't so much appreciate that I used instant gravy mix instead of real gravy or soup - but I thought it was great and will be doing it again (with Thanksgiving leftovers).

12:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee...I love that. Thanks for sharing. We will have this - I can eat the bottom and Rick can eat the top. Yum

10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Burma!