11 September 2008

Clouds

This occurrence is VERY Uncommon in Utah, it does not get rain very often AT ALL! But, I was able to have a little of the back home in WA feel this weekend. I can't tell you how incredibly nice it was to feel the air change from hot DRY DRY did I say DRY to . . . the smell of rain, humid, and cool.

My skin breathed a humongous sigh of relief. Everything in my body could finally breathe easier!

As I was taking these pictures, my neighbors all looked at me like I was simply CRAZY, because I was so happy about clouds. I then remembered my loving Grandpa had piles and piles of pictures of clouds and fire in his stash of pictures. I must say, he was right on the money when it comes to this day. I simply laughed to myself when I remembered him being in aw of the beauty of the clouds. Because we were in the same boat on this occasion. I LOVED these clouds. I won't bore you with more pictures. But I just need to say that the whole sky was covered.

And later than night we were at the library, where I didn't have my camera, and the sunset, was AMAZING! It was so nice to recognize and remember just how much I love the weather of the PNW, and yes I miss it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shiela Lee said...

And you're coming back, when???

11:37:00 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

This is how I feel when I visit my family in southern Idaho! I don't know how I managed to grow up there. So dry and brown.

8:21:00 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ha. If you think Provo and Blackfoot are dry and brown, try northern Nevada. I think we win.

9:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Burma!