07 September 2006

Ode to craigslist

Do you know what craigslist.com is? Well, let me tell you. It is a free online advertising and garage sale swap type of a place a lot like ebay for locals. You just go and pick it up at their house.

I was all geared up to save up all my money and take a year or two to get some things for our little family to make our house more livable. The things on my list include:

Twin size mattresses for 2 beds, my girls
A baby swing for Sarah, my old one broke
Kitchen table, ours, has been a card table FOREVER
A couch (preferably leather) we couldn't fit our old one in the moving truck (shucky darn)
Computer that's newer

Like I said we were willing to wait and save up and find the right deal.

so, back at Christmas time we are in the market for a new van. We find one and LOVE IT off of craigslist in Spokane, so we get down here and start looking on craigslist to see if they have anything.

Long story short. We have some new things for our house for VERY good prices!

Baby swing
Twin mattresses
Kitchen table

Mind you, we didn't settle, they are really really nice. The baby swing is better than my other one. I thought my other one was pretty nice. This one is quieter, and has a comfy-ier seat. The twin mattresses are better than my own bed. The kitchen table is and oval shaped with the ability to add a leaf. It has 2 pedistals on the bottom, so no bumpy into the corner's and its solid oak! With real and comfortable wood chairs. It's like a real dinning room set. I love it, it makes our kitchen seem right. My kids can do their homework at the table, etc.

What's still on our list.

Leather couch
And now, pillow top queen mattress.
and have decided the comuter's are gonna have to be dealt with a different way.

I'm here to tell you you have to be ready to swipe that item your looking for as soon as it pops up on the list. They go QUICK!

But hey! We are living like real people with real beds and table.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, very much appreciated!

Craig
craig@craigslist.org

3:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you make me cry I'm so happy for you...you deserve so good breaks!

4:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what....I mean I am excited about your good deals...esp the kitchen table. THAT my friend will change your life...but....did Craig from Craigs list post a comment...or is that like Carson...being silly.!
Good news....I try to look there but I really don't need more...ummm....stuff.
Mom

4:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...I'm back. I looked at that site and it's pretty interesting to browse through. Easier than a garage sale, seems closer to me than e bay.

9:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, that was Craig himself, pretty cool! He's actually quite a swell guy and his whole purpose for creating the list was to make moments like you just had Amy.

9:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't believe that was the real craig at craigs list...somebody is tooting...

3:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Burma!