08 September 2007

Just plain embarrassing

Ok, there is only one person I honestly feel comfortable sharing this story with. She's my beloved neighbor for 4 years. She has the most beautiful kitchen, and the BEST cook out there! She has taught me how to make chicken noodle soup to almond rocca. SHE IS GREAT! She would Truly appreciate this. So Shalise, this one's for you. Pretend like I'm coming over with this hot plate of goodness just for you!



I was a hankering for some brownies. Mark took the van to run some last minute errands, my kids were in bed. So, rummaging through my cupboards, I find this.





Makins for some brownies. . . and a recipe of the internet







Mix them all together, and add to pan.








Lick the batter bowl clean. . . yumm. If this is a hint of what is to come out of these brownies. . I'm in luck!






wait the 25-30 min. . . well I wait 25. (Justify by saying my oven runs hot)

















And here is the end result! YYYYUUUUMMMMMYYYY! Probably the best brownie I have ever had! No joke. Kind of crispy edges, and gooey center. I LOVED it! Very much worth the work. It wasn't that bad at all. And I've got a whole 9x13 pan's worth. I don't know if it is going to be consumed by me, since I gained way way to much weight this week, and I am on a mission to get it off! Anyway. Just thought you would enjoy the recipe.


Zingerman's Magic Brownies
from Midwest Living

13 T butter
6.5 oz unsweetened chocolate
1.5 C cake or all purpose flour
3/4 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
4 eggs
2 C sugar
1.25 t vanilla
1 C coarse chopped walnuts, toasted

1. Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 325.

2. In a heavy small saucepan, heat the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring, till chocolate is melted and smooth; set aside to cool.

3. In a small bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.

4. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes or till light yellow and fluffy, scraping side of the bowl occasionally.

5. Add cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla. Beat on low speed until combined. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Stir in walnuts.

6. Spread batter in pan. Bake 30 minutes or until brownies appear set. Cool in pan on wire rack; cut into bars.




Now for a few questions, and please sincerely answer, because I am looking for this.

1. What is your favorite sourdough bread recipe?

2. Do you know what green drink is? Do you make it? What is your recipe? (Auntie BB, I hope you have one)

3. How do you organize your recipes? What is your system? PLEASE SHARE!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh YUM...I love the "clock" part of your post...they do look delicious...need a little ice cream for that gooey part...I think the winning part is that chocolate you used - it looks like what Grandma McComas' has in her suitcase when she comes to visit.
Gma Hilterbrand does sour dough...and I don't know about green drink but I bet it has spinach and so I want to know...and un, you know my recipe system...big file box....most used always at the front and with food stains...MOM

7:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I strike out on this one. I have no idea what green drink is. And Amy...my recipes are pathetic. They are all stuck together and on all kinds of papers and cards...crammed into a little old recipe box Steve made me 30 years ago. The ones I wrote by hand are incomplete. I'm just a mess in this area. You browne recipe looks delicious! (I like your blogs!) bb

5:04:00 PM  
Blogger coxmommy said...

My goodness, I just got done making banana bread, and sat to rest and read your blog. Low and behold what do I find, but a delicious brownie recipe! They look so good, I think I even smelled them. I am going to try it next week. I will let you know how much I ate, I mean shared.Hee Hee. I miss you very much, you wouldn't believe how many times I am ready to walk over and see you, but realize you are not at Chris' house! Love ya lots!!!!! PS. You tought me more about friendship and the love of sisters than anyone, something I will cherish forever!!!!!!!

9:35:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amy, what is plain embarrassing?
Jenni

4:58:00 PM  
Blogger April said...

Funny! I just told the girls that TONIGHT was the night for brownies. My current fave brownie recipe also uses the unsweetened cocoa, so I am tempted to try yours! :)

11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Burma!