01 April 2008

"Homeschooly" crafts

I really would like to explain a little. When we were kids, we would see kids at the thrift stores and other less than "High Fashion" places. We would see things that we just deemed "Homeschooly", well, sometimes I get a hankerin' to do homeschooly crafts. So, I thought it would be fun to share.


This first one is a painting I have been working on for a couple of weeks (with about 6 mo. in between)

I have had a vision of this painting in my mind for a while, and have been wanting to put something like this up in my house for years. Well, I couldn't really find one out on the market that I really identified with, so with Mark's actually pushing me a little , I decided to paint one. So, without further adieu, it's called


"PEACE"
I went home recently to see my niece sealed to her family, and while I was there I met Cody's girlfriend. She was Wonderful! I like her a lot, and she wore a really cool sweater her sister made her. It was her name on the back, made out of felt.

That got my gears turning. And I decided to look for felt at the craft store. . .

And decided you can never have too much felt! Oh come on! That is a true homeschooly person at heart!



So, I busted out my girl's Easter skirts, and Spencer's shirt, and Put a little personalizing on them. And then realized they were very Lavern and Shirely! Oh well, I like them (Notice Spencer shirt isn't pictured, because I couldn't find it)



And last but not least I made a Carebear bag. For what I want to use it for!

There you have it. All of my homeschool crafts!

9 Comments:

Blogger Shaina said...

Very fun! That picture is beautiful!! Love the blue auora around it.

4:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW oh WOW...nothing like a little homeschooling in the magic room. Awesome...
Feels good, huh? Mom

7:55:00 AM  
Blogger dippyrooroo said...

How cool! I love seeing people's projects! Doesn't it feel good to create? Your painting is fabulous!

10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Arlene said...

Amy....seriously...you need to keep up with the painting thing..I think there is an artist hiding in you someplace...!

11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wait.

You painted that?

Holy smokes. You're like one of those freaks who never does anything particularly artistic then one day just blows everyone away with an "I guess I can kind of paint."

Keep that up!

7:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMY i loved it all way cute! i am impressed!! love shell

9:31:00 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

That painting is amazing! I know ... you gave me your blog addresss months ago ... but I just barely cleaned out my bag today and found it!

5:34:00 PM  
Blogger James and Summer said...

Good for you! These look really fun.. and now you've got my wheels turnin' and got me hankerin' for a great painting - only I don't have the skills that you do - that is beautiful!

10:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! I love making things! and... now I know how you found me! You're Cody's sister! I'm jealous- I haven't met him yet! =( (I live in Florida!)

=)
xo
elle

8:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Burma!