16 May 2007

Solace to the Soul

We went day camping up to Hobble Creek. I know, it's not a familiar name, but it is to us now! I can't believe how much we have missed the outdoors. We loved every minute of this day off. We threw the basketball up stream and it floated down and caught it.








Brooke learned how to look for bait and fish, and cast her line out a far ways.












A very very nice girl came and offered all our kids rides on her horse. Her horse's name was Montana, and her name was Hannah. A LOVELY girl!








I of course changed diapers. But loved sitting in the out doors. Sarah never looked at me, she was looking around outside at everything around her. It was GREAT!










Autumn learned how to build her own fire. And did a GREAT job!











This is Spencer on the horse again.













And I, well, not to be to terribly boastful. I made dutch oven Lasagna. It was Perfect! So darn good!









We stayed until we couldn't see good enough to pack all our stuff up. So we had a heck of a time gathering everything up. None of us wanted to leave though, it was so so nice. I can face another day having had that rest and relaxing day. I loved it! We will definately do it again.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear you give those Mauzy's water and rocks and they are a happy bunch. Great pictures...loved seeing this. AND yes, we want dutch over lasagana at our reunion.
Who else in our family knows a Hannah from Montana?
I love you Amy......good luck with your achievement day girls...program...Mom

9:20:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like some of that lasagna for breakfast right this second, please?

7:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard of Hobble Creek. Looks like fun! bb

6:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your surroundings look absolutely beautiful! There is something wonderful about the first campfire in the spring. Good Job on the fire Autumn. Brookey, you have fishing skills. Spencer, you look like a cute little cowboy up there on that horse. My kids would think the Hannah Montana thing is very cool. What a nice girl to give your kids rides. You made me want to go camping again. . . as soon as possible.
The Mauzy Family Rocks! :)

8:59:00 PM  
Blogger Shiela Lee said...

Hanna's Montana - the girls loved that! LOL

Great pics - looked like y'all had a great time!

5:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always knew Mark liked to camp, but I am glad you ALL like to. Have fun you are making good memories. gma

10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Burma!