08 November 2005

Absolutely Could NOT be cuter

For those of you who are worried or upset. . . .I didn't think I needed to specify this, and I guess I could have shown a better picture. But this is a TOY gun. It is very much distinctivly a toy. I am sorry that the picture does not portray that. It has a bright orange thing at the end, so everyone knows that. It weights about as much as a empty roll of toilet paper. And the silver is very distinctly fake and worn off at many places where there is black underneath. We have spoken to our kids and they definately know the difference. So if they in their unsupervised lives like at friends houses come across a gun (they aren't sure about) they know to run to the adult and tell. Do not ask questions just go to the adult. I feel I have spoken to my kids and they understand the difference. I am a big believer teach your children the principle. I think the principle is being drilled in everyday in our house. I feel they are safe and I do everything to make sure of that. Even to the point that even my son in this picture asks before he can play with that particular toy, because it does look so realistic.

Sorry for the disturbance. It was just the most recent pict. of him, and thought it was cute.



My son is really starting to be funny! I can't believe how much fun it is to see his personality grow and develop. He is so funny! He has fallen in love with responses from his family. He was carrying this around, of course we have been laughing. He probably carried this around for an hour just going from person to person wanting us to laugh at him. So, of course we all abliged.

HE IS SO CUTE!!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree that Mr Spencer is very cute.
However, I don't think it is cute to have a baby play with a gun....even tho' I am sure it wasn't loaded. It seems a little disturbing to me.
As you know Dad enjoys firearms...but you kids NEVER PLAYED with them.
I guess I am still pretty cautions when it comes to lethel weapons.
If you did if for 'affect' it worked. It disturbs me. A lot!
Arlene

10:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love your blog i am also a mom with little ones i was excited to find another mom that loves being a mom but when i saw your baby playing with a gun it maked me sick - does a loving mom really let her baby play with a gun like it is a toy and laugh - are you a family that breeds hate and violance - that is sick i will not be back to read your blog sick sick sick - the following statistic may help you be a real loving mom
Results : A statistically significant association exists between gun availability and the rates of unintentional firearm deaths, homicides, and suicides. The elevated rates of suicide and homicide among children living in states with more guns is not entirely explained by a state's poverty, education, or urbanization and is driven by lethal firearm violence, not by lethal nonfirearm violence.

Conclusion : A disproportionately high number of 5-14 year olds died from suicide, homicide, and unintentional firearm deaths in states and regions where guns were more prevalent.
what kind of mom would let her tiny children play with a lethal weapon - does he also play with lighters and sharp knives and drugs
my husband has a firearm but we keep it safely away from our children - you should be reported for child endangerment - i hope you will take necessary steps to keep your beautiful family safe -

7:02:00 AM  
Blogger amy said...

To anonymous,
This blog is a place for me to share my feelings about my family. Not a political foroum. I understand that my information was not clear enough for you to make an accurate assessment, and felt obligated to post a comment as you did. I feel no ill toward you, and am hoping that the further information I shared helps you feel a little more settled in your own self. If you have any more comments to share I would gladly respond.

I feel I am doing the right thing by sharing this point of view instead of just deleting your comment and going on like nothing happened. I hope we can resolve this, and maybe come to an understanding.

9:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for clearing that up - i am honestly relieved -i am sorry i jumped to an inaccurate conclusion -he is a cute little boy

11:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Burma!