01 November 2007

My oh my I am never doing that again.


First off. Spencie wore this to target today, he was so cute! HE didn't want to stop dressing up.

First, at church they had a halloween party. They sent a sign up sheet around to help with the different parts of the party. I didn't want to run a game NO WAY! I have a hard time with those kind of party's way to loud and chaotic. So, I signed up to make a cake for the cake walk. No biggie right. Cupcakes are my standby for any signup. Easy, always have them on hand to make.

So, It took me 5 hrs. , 2 layers, 3 tubs of frosting, 2 bags of candy, and the most frazzled momma I ended up with a cake I wasn't absolutely embarresed of. I was so so so tempted to just dump it in the garbage and run to Albertson's. I am NOTHING like Kyla. I spent more time on this cake than ANY of my kids cakes for their birthday's combined!

So I take it to the church early (it's just around the corner) so i don't have to do cake on top of the whole halloween WHOOPLAAAHHH! No matter how clean my house is the day of halloween, by the end of the day it looks like there has been an earthquake, or my house had the flu and threw up all it's contents EVERYWHERE! Inside and out!

Needless to say I will never make a cake for someone else again.

So we go to the church I tell Autumn she has to go to the cakewalk, because I KNOW no one will pick my cake and she had to so I didn't feel bad.

We get in there probably 10 min. after the cakewalk started. My cake was already gone! It was one of the first to go. What the parent doesn't know is that it is more frosting than cake. MAN the kid will enjoy it right?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Golly that sure did give me a good laugh Amy. Funny!

8:46:00 AM  
Blogger dippyrooroo said...

That's funny Amy! I definitely understand the pressure of trying to make something impressive for a church function! Baking can be so competitive!

10:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Burma!