18 December 2007

Temple Square

So we live here in Provo, and are able to experience the beauty of Salt Lake Temple Square, and be able to feel the joy and love of the Savior who is central in my faith. I will show you a few pictures of the experience. It was stunning and peaceful.

This is a Latin American depiction of the Nativity. Mary is in the cart with the baby in her arms. Joseph is standing with his hat off. And those are my icicle kids, at the end of the tour.


This picture is right in front of the fountain and it is very large and life size. Absolutely my favorite one there. Because of the white that really represented purity that the Savior brought to us. How joyous.


I don't know if this needs much explanation. Just the beautiful Salt Lake Temple at night. In all it's glory and beauty, lit as a beacon to all come bask in the light of the Savior.


This is the fountain with lights floating in the water and beautiful with all the lights!


This is Spencer in the Conference Center where we went to thaw out, and use the bathrooms. He asked me to take a picture by this the Savior resurected. A perfect end to the whole experience.


And as most of you know I am starting to collect statues of mother and child. This one is a BEAUTIFUL one. Really helps me feel like I have an important role in this, my love and faith in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam and Jill Family said...

Wow. I have been able to go to Temple Square when it is all lit up and it is amazing. It has been a long time since I have been there. We would love to go and see all that. How neat. I love mother and child figurines too. I currently only have one. But want more...they are so neat. I love that white nativity.

7:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

great pictures! the girls saw me looking at them and elena said "hey, that's spencer! how'd he get in your computer?"

9:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Burma!